No matter how well we articulate the gospel or how inadequately we present it, it's all God's work through the Holy Spirit that the people we shared with in Taiwan are able to intellectually understand and hopefully believe. God saves - not man. How amazing is that! If our contacts initially rejected the gospel we presented, we shouldn't presume that they won't believe. Even if we saw no apparent fruits, only an indifferent mind and an unrelenting heart, who knows how God will work in them in the next few weeks, months, or even years. In the end, we're only the messengers carrying his great news. He has the power to save & He deserves all the glory.
Along the lines of the first point, so many people try to seek God or claim that they have found him when in reality, God softens their hearts, God shows them the light, and God draws them to Himself. Everytime we shared with a skeptic or critic, I noticed how I could have easily been in their shoes. If God didn't choose save me, I would have no intention to seek after him. I'd be just like one of our cynical contacts; actually, I probably wouldn't even want people to share with me. But God is patient! He could've punished us the first time we sinned but he patiently waited all these years so that one day we can repent and believe. His mercy saves us from eternal punishment in hell and his grace invites us to spend eternity with Him.
We tell our contacts that we're here in Taiwan to share with them because we care. We want them to know the truth and accept the good news because there will be judgment after death. We take time to invest in them and meet up with them. Personally, if I invest so much in our Taiwan contacts, how much more should I be investing in the people around me? So often do I exchange superficial heys and how are yous with distant classmates on campus but that's about it. I'm closer with Taiwan friends I've made over the past few weeks than with some peers I've know for the past two years. Evangelism shouldn't be an activity but a lifestyle. I mean, if the purpose of our lives is to know our Creator and give all glory to Him, isn't that easier to do in heaven? But God doesn't bring us to our eternal home right after we're saved - he calls us to be the light and salt of this world. I hope I can keep that mentality and make it a lifestyle.
Tonight's complete, everyone's asleep, and I wanna say these words to you, I'll be Your hands, take me as I am
No comments:
Post a Comment