Monday, January 18, 2010

My first photo entry

So I'm sitting here on the couch with my mom's favorite Taiwanese singing show tuned in and my dreadful anticipation of imminent torture (okay jk) school tuned out but it's not working out so well. Between everyone's "when you coming up?" (me: never! jae: what huh ??) and Chris' "lovely" reminder..
Chris:  hey mary
school starts on tuesday
did you know that
thats in
2 days
actaully 1.5 days
did you know that
?
Chris:  just letting you know
Chris:  that SCHOOLLL is starting 1.5 days from now
..it finally dawned on me that tonight's my last night here in the desert. Truthfully, it's not like I'll be missing out on much after I leave as everyone's going back to school anyways and realistically speaking, I can't not go to school. But still, I think being at home elicits an inexplicable carefree attitude and a sense of calmness, both of which I'm reluctant to trade in return for those overwhelming and hectic days at Berkeley. And I've become so attached to these simple and small yet meaningful routines upon which I rely so much -- I guess I should really work on embracing a more accepting attitude towards change since I'm constantly dealing with them. Anyway! Winter break has been so relaxing and refreshing. I loved allocating all this free time each day to random tasks, hanging out with friends (who are all ohsofar away), and just spending time at home. But I guess it's time to say goodbye to lovely socal and hello to piles of books, heaps of readings, and those fun fun fun papers, tests, and midterms (excitment much?).

IMG_2833 by j7adore.
coming home to a series of hangouts and dinners with family friends and a very warm but festive Christmas season!
 
IMG_2850 by j7adore.
first time baking cookies from scratch - oatmeal raisin

IMG_2871 by j7adore.
IMG_2897 by j7adore.
IMG_2887 by j7adore.
New Year's Eve and New Year's Day at Sandra's doing the regulars:) - smash, bang, karaoke, and then broke the norm by hunting for Coco at like.. 3amSIGH!
 
IMG_2941 by j7adore.
after recovering from stomach flu (umm not fun) I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood..
 
IMG_2902 by j7adore.
IMG_2904 by j7adore.
IMG_2906 by j7adore.
..and saw some of God's GORGEOUS creations!

IMG_2921 by j7adore.
IMG_2930 by j7adore.
if He has invested such beauty in these flowers, how much more has He in our souls♥

IMG_2932 by j7adore.
IMG_2949 by j7adore.
these two are kinda.. weird; the latter one's from my backyard

IMG_2938 by j7adore.
eee! a perfect myriad of colors

IMG_2960 by j7adore.IMG_2966 by j7adore.
postponed hangout with the girls (due to stomach flu grr)
hurry curry & forever21

IMG_2976 by j7adore.
IMG_2978 by j7adore.
IMG_2981 by j7adore.
after Pauline & I took a nap (LOL) and Jenn got back from work, we semi-dressed up & went to La Piazza @ The Grove

IMG_2990 by j7adore.IMG_2995 by j7adore.
and we made Peggy do things against her wishes

IMG_2999 by j7adore.
thankful for these gorgeous girls♥

IMG_3002 by j7adore.IMG_3004 by j7adore.
IMG_3014 by j7adore.
IMG_3019 by j7adore.
IMG_3025 by j7adore.
IMG_3055 by j7adore.
we always seem to end up taking hundreds of these.. ahahaha

IMG_3082 by j7adore.

IMG_3093 by j7adore.IMG_3095 by j7adore.
Pauline stepped on my toes but IT'S OKAY:)
 
IMG_3107 by j7adore.
IMG_3116 by j7adore.
I'm your biggest fan
I'll follow you until
 
IMG_3126 by j7adore.
the next day we dropped of Pauline's stuff and headed to..

IMG_3130 by j7adore.
Roscoes chicken&waffles!

IMG_3132 by j7adore.
IMG_3134 by j7adore.
IMG_3152 by j7adore.

IMG_3155 by j7adore.
IMG_3162 by j7adore.
waiter: do you want a togo box for that?
Jenn&I: uuuh.. it's okay!

IMG_3165 by j7adore.
location?

IMG_3167 by j7adore.
best way to end the day(=

IMG_3183 by j7adore.
IMG_3187 by j7adore.
IMG_3192 by j7adore.
flower arrangements! my new todo thing at michaels hahahaha

IMG_3188 by j7adore.

1 comment:

  1. how funny. do you go to michaels just to play with their merchandise?

    my friend and i used to go to cvs to hang out, just cuz they're open 24 hours

    ReplyDelete